Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Changing Banks Is Easier Than It Looks

One of my sisters came by after work today and picked me up. She banks with First Tennessee, and thought I should look into opening an account there.

While speaking with the lady at the bank, I found that if I had been banking with them when MEETIC stole money from me, they would have replaced the funds and fees within three business days - sometimes the money is back in the account the next day.

Also, First Tennessee is actually open until six Monday through Friday, and until one on Saturday. AND, unlike Regions, their customer service department is available by phone 24/7.

So, I switched. My sister gave me the cash I needed to open the account, and as soon as all my transactions clear at Regions and I get all my direct deposits and drafts moved over, I'm giving them the boot.

Regions and I would have been fine had they continued to treat me with respect, but they are holding my money hostage to their policies, and we just can't have that.

No comments: