Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Regions Bank Customer Support Needs Better Training!

Maybe it's a good thing you can't talk to a live person on the phone 24/7 at Regions Bank. Maybe we're safer when they, like Congress, aren't at work.

I went to my local Regions branch today to ask them for my money back. Jill (not her real name - this isn't her fault) pulled up my account, listened to my story, and asked if I had signed anything in order to start the investigation. After I told her I hadn't, she called the fraud department herself to check on the status of my claim.

Fact is, the report filed yesterday was a "duplicate charge" claim. Apparently the people who work in customer support leave their ears at home and can't hear what the customer is actually saying to them. The only relief I was scheduled to receive was about $40 - I was going to have one of the MEETIC charges refunded to me, as well as one of the International Fees.

Now, I had spoken by phone to several people in customer support. You'd think that one of them could have figured out that the crazy lady on the phone wanted a whole lot more money returned than just $40 - especially when I repeatedly stated that those charges weren't mine.

Jill was able to get the confusion/stupidity/idiocy corrected, and they emailed the form to her that I needed to sign, which I did.

Now...we'll see how long it takes to get my money.

Jill's OK. I think she did a good job for me today. Too bad she won't be at First Tennessee.

1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

Sounds like Mondays & Tuesdays are staffed by the morons.
Note to self, call banks only on Wednesdays