Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The right hand doesn't even know there IS a left hand...

...let alone know what it's doing!

A few days ago, I was told by Regions customer support that they had no idea what this Meetic is, what their phone number is, etc.

Well, I just received my bank statement.

There it is: MEETIC BOULOGNE-BIL

I love Google.

Goliath not only has an address for the company, they have a phone number, a fax number, and a web site URL for MEETIC.

Meetic S.A.
International Private company
66 Rte. de la Reine, Boulogne-Billancourt, , France
()33 01 58 17 05 70, 33 01 58 17 05 71 fax,
http://www.meetic-corp.com/
Primary SIC: Miscellaneous Personal Services, Not Elsewhere Classified, Primary NAICS: All Other Personal ServicesDescription: Services: Operation of on-line introduction and dating service

That's fairly definitive, don't you agree?

Why does Regions shield information from their employees that later shows up on its customers' bank statements? That is just so silly! All they had to do was tell me the words "MEETIC BOULOGNE-BIL", and I'd have looked it up and then filed a fraud complaint immediately.

I wasn't sure what MEETIC was at the time, but I for dag-gone sure never sent money to a French dating company!

So, I printed the page from Goliath and will take it to the bank - not that anything will come of it. I thought about going to the MEETIC web site, but decided I don't want it on my computer - just in case someone in a lime-green trench coat shows up to examine my computer for evidence.

No comments: